Category Manager Stationery, Lifestyle etc - m/f - fte
B-t-B consumer products • 3+ years • Bachelor commercial • Schiphol • Full-time
to join the team at the headquarters near Schiphol Airport (Netherlands) of an international market leader B-t-B consumer products.
The Category Manager will manage the priorities of assigned categories of responsibility, to support category growth and sales performance measures for global brands/licencies and our own brands.
- Communicates and coordinates all phases of the development cycle as applies to duties and product development time and action of the product launch
- Analyzes and reports on sales and market trends. Reacts to these trends and applies the findings to development plans
- Ensures On time delivery of product and supporting product information to internal and cross-functional departments
- Conducts and communicates competitive analysis focused on key price points for all assigned brands/ categories
- Maintains sales and margin targets set for appointed categories
- Directs timely execution of milestone events required to launch new products
- Develops and executes training/sales tools to assist sales force with information on new and existing product lines
- Partners with internal departments (planning, marketing, warehouse, decoration team, e.g.) to drive innovative product launches and meet all confirmed deadlines for each department.
- Adheres to product launch timeline and action plans
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have strong analytical skill set and ability to effectively analyze sales data
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task under stringent deadlines
- Self-directed, with ability to work independently
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills (English)
- Exhibit high levels of flexibility and professionalism in extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and work through cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to contribute to the creative process with an interest in latest trends in fashion and technology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, merchandising or related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in product development, buying, brand management, merchandising, planning or other related field.
- Domestic and international travel is/may be required (Europe & Asia).
is an European market leader in sourcing, development, marketing and distribution of promotional products in the business to business market. They have an assortment of around 3500 articles varying from stationery, electronics, bags, textiles and many more. And has a several sales offices throughout Europe and buying offices in Asia.