Sourcing Manager Toys - m/f
B-t-B/Retail Toys • +4 year • HBO/Bachelor • Amsterdam • Full-time
Are you excited about toys, games and kids? Do you have a passion for how products are produced? Are you a proactive individual with sharp negotiation skills, who has a solid background in Sourcing, Purchasing, Supplier relationships and production processes? We are looking for a results-oriented Sourcing Manager.
What your role will involve
You will be involved in the pre-production (sourcing & pricing) stage and will take responsibility for leading the strategic & operational sourcing activities for our projects. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future of procurement within oue dynamic environment. This position is part of the production team and involves close interaction with the designers, sales team and manufacturers.
You identify, evaluate and select suppliers and manage supplier relationships on both a global and regional basis, driving product demand optimizations and cost reductions. You are constantly looking for new suppliers and product options and will be on the road to visit manufacturers and trade fairs. You keep records and documentation about supplier information in an organized and structured way, including the total flow of a product and line-up.
Furthermore, you collect, analyze and compare price quotations and you report price insights. Pro-actively you identify and report (potential) risks and reduce them as much as possible. You are always on the hunt for reducing the cost by being creative, negotiate or finding more efficient ways of manufacturing. You will proactively suggest these improvements to the design- and sales team. You are curious by nature and follow trends/innovations in product design and production processes.
What we asks from you
As a Sourcing Manager you are passionate about how a product is being made. You are a driven, strategic thinker with solid business acumen.
For this position, it is vital to have strong negotiation skills, experience in purchasing and supplier relation management. A background in, and/or ‘know-how’ of, production processes is preferred, to have smooth communication with the different manufacturers. Relative production processes include injection molding, printing, production of hard and soft toys. You are hands-on and happy to dive into all aspects of the production process. Legal, safety and logistical matters also capture your interest.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a related study, preferably: International trade and business, Economics or Purchasing and supply chain management
- Minimum 4 years of related sourcing experience
- Fluent in English language, both verbally and written; knowledge of the Dutch language is preferred.
- You have affinity with the manufacturing process of a wide range of products.
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Internationally experienced, for example: audited factories, sourced and developed products (in Asia or other regions) and visited trade fairs like Canton Fair, Nuremberg Toy Fair etc.
- Driven, with solid business acumen
- Related branches: Toys, Product Engineering, Industrial Design, FMCG, creative branches.
- Familiar with product specifications, product development and production processes (plastic industry, cardboard & paper industry, but also emerging new possibilities);
- Have the ability to understand and communicate technical information;
- Have the ability to work under pressure, autonomously and with tight deadlines;
- Excellent MS Office (Excel/Word) skills
- Love to work in an international environment with international colleagues
What we offer you
Working for us is a truly rewarding experience. We offer our employees the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Good secondary remuneration, including pension and travel allowance
- Opportunity to develop yourself and grow within a quickly growing company
- An easily accessible work place in Amsterdam
- Friendly and sociable colleagues, plus the best office lunch in town
We are a fast-growing, international toy design and -development company, focusing on dynamic and creative kids products. We work for retailers in more than 20 countries. Headquartered in Amsterdam and office in Hong Kong. Our company is a think-tank buzzing with creative strategists, marketers, designers, innovators, toy makers, techies, movie buffs, analysts, field researchers, culture vultures, globetrotters, sorcerers, pirates, smile creators, trend watchers and cool hunters. Together we work on creating the greatest innovative and entertaining loyalty campaigns. From concept to creative, to sourcing and production, we offer it all.