Product Manager Toys - m/f
B-t-Retail Toys/lifestyle • +4 year • Bachelor/Master Product Engineering • Amsterdam • Full-time
Are you excited about toys, games and kids? Do you have a passion for how
products are made? Are you a proactive individual with a sharp eye for details who
has a solid technical background in product development and production
processes? Our client is looking for a result-focused Project Manager for Product
What your role will involve
The Product Manager is responsible for the development of new products for several
loyalty campaigns from development to delivery. You work together with different
internal departments and manufactures. He/she’s responsible for the planning of the
production process to ensure products are delivered on schedule according to all
detailed specifications. This position involves close interaction with manufacturers
designers and sales.
You are keen to get all the details about a product specification. You carefully listen
to all stakeholders and make sure that their input is integrated in the production
For this position it is vital to have strong project management skills together with
excellent organizational and communication skills. In addition you have experience
in building, coordinating and maintaining production processes.
Tasks and duties
- Set up product briefings, based on input of all stakeholders
- Set up production schedules and ensures that deadlines are met, make changes where and when necessary
- Execute the project planning in a timely manner in the most (cost) efficient way, make sure that all stakeholders are briefed in a timely manner andupdated where and when necessary
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to product
- specifications and production process.
- Gathering all necessary project and product information and keep appropriate records and documentation
- Successfully project manage the production process
- Communicate clearly the progress of the project plan to internal and external stakeholders
- Keep record of the total flow of a product and line up
- Pro-actively identify (potential) risks
- Make quotes, price comparison, and report price insights
- Reports and escalate to management as needed.
Requirements, working knowledge and experience
- Proven project/product management work experience within the promo's industry (Toys, Loyalty, creative branches)
- o NOT related branches/functions: IT, Event management, Marketing, Accountmanagement
- o Preferable a technical basis like: IO / IPO / IDE / Mechanical Engineering / Product Engineering Educational background
- Manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Technical background: familiar with product specifications, product development and production processes (plastic industry, cardboards & paper industry, but also emerging new possibilities);
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English language, both verbally and written.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines with minimal guidance;
- Competences and skills
- Proactive, always one step ahead
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal guidance
- Experience building, coordinating and maintaining schedule
- Competence to work in an international environment
- Curious about legal, safety and logistics.
Working with us is a truly rewarding experience. We offer our employees the
- Competitive salary
- Good secondary remuneration, like travel allowance etc.
- Opportunity to develop yourself and grow within a quick growing company
- An easily accessible work place in Amsterdam
- Friendly and sociable colleagues and the best office lunch in town.
We are a fast-growing, international toy design and -development company, focusing on dynamic and creative kids products. We work for retailers in more than 20 countries. Headquartered in Amsterdam and office in Hong Kong. Our company is a think-tank buzzing with creative strategists, marketers, designers, innovators, toy makers, techies, movie buffs, analysts, field researchers, culture vultures, globetrotters, sorcerers, pirates, smile creators, trend watchers and cool hunters. Together we work on creating the greatest innovative and entertaining marketing campaigns. From concept to creative, to sourcing and production, we offer it all.