An expanding international company in deco products, with HQ's in the USA and near Amsterdam, has a new role for Global Sourcing (mainly Asia). In the category the business is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager hardgoods Asia with strategic abilities, willing to travel every month.
The Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic approach to the sourcing and procurement process, primarily for the sourcing of the hardgoods product portfolio (glassware, tins, ceramics, baskets, ornamental picks, etc) and driving growth in this area. In this role you will report to the Director of Global Operations and be providing advice on the strategic and transactional aspects of sourcing. You will be accountable for end-to end sourcing activities, providing leadership and expertise in strategic and tactical sourcing.
Your goal is to find and negotiate cost effective solutions to optimize profit margins and create a competitive advantage through outstanding product quality and value. You will be analyzing new opportunities and developments for the business.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop effective sourcing strategies that drive business growth
- Ensure quality consistency that meets or preferably exceeds all specifications, industry standards, and regulations
- Develop and manage procurement policies and procedures to enhance organizational value and efficiency
- Research, evaluate, and select new vendors based on price, service, support reliability and distribution capabilities for one-time purchases to larger strategic efforts
- Manage and onboard vendors; improve vendor relationships and reliability through the management of vendor performance - provide feedback to suppliers on their performance
- Work closely with all supply chain functions to establish optimal supply chain solutions and route-to-markets
- Collaborate with Product Development, Sales and Marketing teams and take a pro-active role in the supplier research and development process to identify region or vendors for requested materials, finishes and products in the assigned product categories
- Understand customer perspectives and stakeholder requirements to include in sourcing strategy
- Negotiate contracts and pricing
- Develop appropriate SLA’s and reporting mechanisms to support ongoing contract management
- Present business cases and analyses to stakeholders and senior management
- Develop new suppliers in various regions of the world to achieve best overall landed cost
- Work with supplier to troubleshoot product issues related to development, production and/or delivery in assigned categories
- Ensure highest levels of ethics in all work including but not limited to supplier labor practices, avoidance of subcontracting, worker safety etc.
- Required to travel (not limited but mainly to Asia) to develop, promote and maintain business relationships.
Education, Experience & Personal characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in sourcing and procurement, preferably related to hardgoods products in categories such as gifts, home, stationery and/or toys
- Experience working internationally, particularly with Asian manufacturers, comfortable traveling to manufacturing sites abroad
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in leading and negotiating contracts and vendor relationship management
- Expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Awareness of macro-economic environment, including trade policy and tariffs and associated impacts to the business
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, as well as being accountable to details
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office and ERP knowledge
- Spanish and/or Mandarin helpful, but not required
- Strong analytical skills
- Metrics driven and results-oriented.
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
Tip een vriend(in) Solliciteer
Voor de bijlagen geldt: Max. 2 MB, alleen pdf, doc, docx en odt bestanden.
Contactpersoon: Evert Fermin