To make further growth possible, we are looking for an experienced creative and commercial deco packaging designer. In your roll as Creative Senior Packaging Designer, you are responsible for creating original and versatile designs for floral packaging, creating artwork and packaging elements that work well across various media.
Our Product Design and Development Department is dedicated to designing and creating suitable packaging solutions for the Floral business.
The designs and developments are based on the latest trends or customer oriented,
suitable for fresh cut flowers and potted plants.
As a Senior designer you work in a young, professional and enthusiastic team. We focus on personal development and collaboration between each person. We like to get the best out of everybody. We work in a high paced environment with tight deadlines and we are known for continuously looking for innovative designs and packaging solutions. This all goes in a dynamic atmosphere.
In your roll as Creative Senior Packaging Designer, you are responsible for creating original and versatile designs for floral packaging, creating artwork and packaging elements that work well across various media. You can conceptualize complete lines and think in collections for different occasions that can fit into our own inventory, or that meets the request and needs of the retailer. You have a lot of contact with China.
The organization is situated near Schiphol, in the heart of the world’s flower industry and from here we are marketing our products all over Europe. We are one of the worldwide leading producers of innovative packaging concepts for cut flowers and potted plants.
Our Core Values:
- Customer Oriented (Go the extra mile, exceed expectations)
- Committed (Responsible, dependable, dedicated)
- Passionate (Putting your heart in to, owning it)
- Team player (Treat others with respect, willing to help)
- Making things better (Continuous learning, never satisfied)
- Minimum of 5+ year work experience in a creative and product development position
- Excellent and impressive portfolio that shows the complete overview of skills
- A minimal HBO Degree or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- Wide experience in Packaging Development and Creative innovating solutions
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator, photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in setting-up trend directions for a wide specific and wide audience
- Know how to work efficient within short deadlines and quick turnaround projects daily
- Speak and understand English (in word and writing) and Dutch
- Speak and understand German/French is a plus
- Experience in communication with production facilities for approvals and developments
- Knowledge of printing processes and quality elements on product level during production
- Able to examine digital printing plates for approval and samples to detect any errors
- Strong communication skills with Asian and European factories
- Knowledge of or affinity with flower and plant of gift packaging industry
- Know how to use your creative skills in a Sales related environment
- Understand and support our company core values
- Open minded
- Detail oriented
- Communicative at various levels
- Able to work proactive and organized to ensure timely delivery
- Passionate about innovation and packaging
- Have an excellent understanding what the customer needs are and how to facilitate them
- Commercially minded
What will you do?
- Creative pattern, art and product development that work well on various packaging
- Conceptualizing & Designing packaging items and complete range based on market, trend & target audience research
- Develop game changing products for our customer database and our inventory
- Overseeing / briefing DTP of our inventory or customer developed design range/Item
- Active participation in our Brainstorm meetings within the studio & internal creative sessions
- Create mood boards based on trends and product development, 2 years ahead
- Visit our customers for brainstorm sessions and bring new ideas to the table during these meetings
- Approve printing plates, colors and constructions with the factories
- Visit fairs and seminars to stay up to date with the latest trends and developments
What’s in it for you?
- Warm and ambitious company
- Young, professional and enthusiastic team members who will support you
- Your opinion and ideas are important to us, we love to make time for this!
- Space for personal developments
- Freedom and autonomy
- Direct contact with our customers
- Market conform Salary
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
Tip een vriend(in) Solliciteer
Voor de bijlagen geldt: Max. 2 MB, alleen pdf, doc, docx en odt bestanden.
Contactpersoon: Evert Fermin