For an European market leader in sourcing, development, marketing and distribution of promotional products in the business to business market, we are currently looking for a Category ManagerTrading to join the team.
The Category Manager coordinates, communicates and manages the priorities of assigned categories of responsibility, to support category growth and sales performance measures for the global brands of the company.
Reporting to European Trading Manager (ETM), he/she will act as a complete support to the development and maintenance of trading initiatives, programs and new products.
- Supports ETM in communicating and coordinating all phases of the development cycle as applies to duties and product development time and action of the product/program launch
- Supports ETM in analyzing sales and market trends, to react on these trends and to find development plans
- Conducts and communicates competitive analysis focused on key price points for all assigned brands/ categories in accordance with ETM
- Supports ETM on timely execution of milestone events required to launch new products
- Develops and executes in accordance with ETM training/sales tools to assist sales force with information on new and existing product lines
- Partners with internal departments (planning, marketing, warehouse, decoration team, e.g.) to provide product information, to support launch of innovative products or programs
- Supports the ETM on timely execution of milestone events required to launch new products and programs
- Adheres to product launch timeline and action plans
- Collects all essential product/program information and data from GBS/European vendors to support the creation of the programs
- Maintains existing images database, and supports in creation of image database of new products
Skills & knowledge
- Must have strong analytical skill set and ability to effectively analyze sales data
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task under stringent deadlines
- Self-directed, with ability to work independently
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills (English)
- Exhibit high levels of flexibility and professionalism in extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and work through cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Domestic and international travel may be required
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or merchandising, or a similar program of study
- One to three years’ experience in marketing, product development or communications preferred
About the company
The organization is the European market leader in sourcing, development, marketing and distribution of promotional products in the business to business market.
They have an assortment of around 3500 articles varying from writing instruments, electronics, bags, textiles and many more.
The company has a total of 10 sales offices throughout Europe and several buying offices in China, Bangladesh, Hong Kong and Thailand.
The HQ is located near Schiphol.
Heb je interesse in deze vacature?
Tip een vriend(in) Solliciteer
Voor de bijlagen geldt: Max. 2 MB, alleen pdf, doc, docx en odt bestanden.
Contactpersoon: Evert Fermin