B-t-b/retail • 3-5+ yrs • HBO/Bachelor Industrial Design, etc • Schiphol / Leiden • Fulltime or Parttime
To reinforce the Product Development Team we are looking for a (medior) experienced Product Designer, for a broad variety of Consumer Products, such as Home & Living, Fashion, Electronics, Stationery, Gifts, etc. It is a broad. somewhat new role, working together with the Brand Director and working as an integral part of the Product Development Team.
As Multidisciplinary Product Designer, you will be part of our Product Development Team. Within this team you will report to the Brand Director.
You will be able to easily find your way between cross-functional teams, not only externally, but also internally. You will know how to get things done in a natural way, without losing sight of the different interests involved. Since you can keep a good overview, you also do not feel stressed when several colleagues, clients, projects,or data require your attention at the same time.
The official language at our office is English.
This is your profile
• Multi-disciplinary product designer, mid-level (min. 3-5 year experience );
• HBO / BA level education at Industrial Design or similar;
• Proven track record in a varying product assortment within medium to large series;
• Preferably experienced working in a larger multinational company;
• Extensive knowledge about product development disciplines;
• Thinks and breaths design and has an Impressive portfolio;
• Knowledge about latest products/ production methods/ graphical trends/ fonts/ etc.
• Proficient in 3D CAD ( Solidworks );
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe ( Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is appreciated );
• Adobe Flash /Dreamweaver and similar skills are highly appreciated;
• Experience in cross media advertising is highly appreciated;
• Fluent in English required. Dutch and / or other languages is a plus;
As a designer you are used to work on various projects at the same time and are accustomed with deadlines.
You will be part of the Product Management Team that consists of 15 people. You will get to the desks of the Marketing or E-Commerce Team within seconds, as they share the same space. Thanks to our flat organizational structure, lines are very short anyway. As we are originally a trade organization with huge growth ambitions, you will be able to thrive in an international, dynamic,and sales-oriented environment. One with an open and informal corporate culture with many opportunities. If you show your initiative, we will open a world for you.
• Good working conditions and a market-based salary
• 25 holidays, a premium-free pension, travel allowance and more
• The option to work partially from home, also post-corona
• A pleasant working atmosphere with an open culture where one’s own input and initiative will be rewarded.
We are an European market leader with a variety of products in Home, Fashion, Consumer Electronics, Stationery, Gifts, etc. As part of the global market leader, our complete portfolio now amounts to about 12,000 articles. We co-operate with a HQ in the USA, several Buying Offices in Asia and a Warehouse in Europe. We have a growth ambition together with a eco-friendly strategy, e.g. with our Brands and labels.