Pricing & Business Data Analyst - m/f
B-t-b/consumer products • 2-5 years • BA or Master in Accounting, IT, math, etc • Schiphol/Leiden • Fulltime
To enhance our Data Analytics capabilities, we are currently looking for a Pricing Data Analyst to join the Commercial Finance Team of a market leader near Schiphol. In this role, you will help Sales, Sourcing, Product Development, Marketing and Finance teams to work on the most optimal pricing of the overall product portfolio, as well as become a key person to help us on the journey towards excellence in Data Intelligence.
You will be working alongside Sr Pricing Manager and two Commercial Finance Controllers, reporting to Commercial Finance Director, and will be based in our HQ in the Netherlands, near Schiphol.
Our horizontal organisational structure helps ensure that any contacts with other departments are quickly established. It is also worth noting that we are originally a trade organisation and have huge growth ambitions. You therefore feel comfortable in an international, dynamic and sales-oriented environment, where open communication and informal dealings are key.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
Pricing data analytics:
- Support Commercial Finance Director in implementation and maintenance of operational and strategic data analytics within the commercial area, primarily pricing;
- Generate actionable insights to drive price and volume opportunities by channel/customer, deliver quote process improvements and optimise customer discount structure;
- Ensure the operational set-up and development of our existing price monitoring system and its reporting structure;
Business data analytics:
- Identify trends and patterns in complex datasets;
- Proactively identify improvements to internal processes, to improve revenue, margin, ROI, etc.;
- Independently initiate, shape and prepare investigations or projects, focusing on improving our decisiveness and competitiveness;
Data processing and visualization:
- Extract and join product and customer data from various systems (e.g. local ERP, SAP BO) and construct user-friendly summary tables, graphs and dashboards;
- Creating presentation decks using PowerPoint (or similar);
System infrastructure and data quality:
- Quality assurance and data cleansing, using MS Excel;
- Actively drive the implementation of BI software and, ultimately, become the main superuser of the tool;
- Actively participate in the implementation and maintenance of pricing software for the organisation;
- Proactively identify data improvement opportunities.
If you find this exciting, check out what we are looking for in a candidate:
- BA or masters in Finance and/or computer science, information systems, mathematics, machine learning, or similar (or a data analytics certification acquired through a specific program).
- 2-5 years of experience in the area of Pricing and/or Data Analytics.
- Proficiency in tools and languages such as Tableau or Power BI, SQL, Excel, and Python, as well as data visualization.
- Ability to create databases from scratch and to develop existing frameworks.
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Strong head for math and statistics, a deep interest in problem-solving, and exceptional attention to detail.
- You are methodical, accurate in your work, detailed in your documentation, and an excellent researcher, while consistently applying critical thinking and have ability and desire to collaborate with others.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- ou are result-oriented, energetic and good at prioritizing your tasks.
And if the above sounds like a match, here’s our part of the deal:
- Excellent terms of employment and a competitive salary.
- Minimal twenty-five days of holiday, a non-contributory pension, travel allowance and more.
- Opportunity to partly work from home, with freedom through responsibility principle applied.
- A pleasant working atmosphere with an open culture where individual input and initiative are rewarded.
We are both online and offline, the European market leader in developing, selling and delivering promotional products. You can think of giveaways, such as pens, company clothing or drinking bottles with the logo of your employer or customer on them. We are part of a worldwide market leader and backed by a large Private Equity Group. The Group has their headquarters in the United States with subsidiaries in five continents and customers in more than 100 countries.